Zoom is the quite popular video conferencing app out there! And in a situation like this (Covid 19) has increased the popularity of zoom more than ever. In the meantime, all our work, meetings basically our whole job life is dependent upon video conferencing applications like Zoom. But what if Zoom doesn’t work on android. As many users reported, “Zoom app not opening on Android phone“. And if you are also struggling with the same issue then consider this article as a go-to guide to solve your zoom app related issues.
Zoom App Not Working Android
There are plenty of solutions available for this type of zoom not working problem, but we have selected some of the major and effective fixes for you guys. Read them all below given solutions to fix your zoom related issues.
Is Zoom Down?
Before moving ahead with any type of Troubleshooting solutions, we will recommend you to check if zoom servers are down or not! As you can’t do anything about the app if the zoom servers are down, you just have to wait until it works again properly.
You can check if Zoom is down here
If this is just an issue with the app, then you should be able to fix it within the minutes.
Re-start your device
It may sound like a light solution, but it is a very effective and simple way to deal with such types of issues. Restarting your Android device works like magic. This will Clear all your temporary glitches and provide you with more clear RAM. So just try to restart your device and open the Zoom app. But instead of doing the usual reboot, it’s better to do the forced restart. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force your device to power off and turn back on.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting.
If you have restarted your device but the problem of zoom not working is still there, then you have to reset the Zoom application. Performing this action clears all Cache and Data of zoom. It will bring the Zoom application back to its default settings and configuration. If it’s just an app issue, then this procedure will be enough to fix the problem like Zoom not working on android. Here’s how you do it:
- Open Device Settings and go to Apps & notifications or Installed Apps or Application Manager.
- Look for Zoom application under all Apps.
- Click on Storage. Then, Tap on Clear cache. Do the same steps again and tap on Clear Data or Storage.
- Restart your device. Done.
You may have to log into your account again. This will definitely fix Zoom App Not Working Problem Android.
Update your Zoom Application
An update may fix the issue of the zoom app not working on android. As the lower version of an app may have some kind of bug that prevents it from working properly. An update might solve those bugs, as it comes with many bug fixes. Here’s how to update your Zoom,
- Open Google Play Store.
- Click the icon in the top left to open the menu.
- Choose My apps & games.
- Or simply search for Zoom on the search bar. And click on it.
- Tap on the Update button next to Zoom.
- After it completes, you have the newest Instagram version on your device.
Reset app preferences
If the problem still exists you have to reset your app preferences. While resetting app preferences will not delete any of your personal data. It will only revert settings like permissions, restrictions, etc., to their default ones, and help you to solve zoom app not working problem Android.
To reset app preferences follow the steps,
- Go to settings
- Click on the system or General Management setting
- Click on Reset
- Then click on reset app preferences or reset all settings
Reinstall Zoom Application
If you have done all the above mentioned solutions but still the zoom problem exists, then you have to reinstall the Zoom application from Play Store. This will remove all cache and data files that may have been corrupted, and reinstalling it will ensure that you have the latest version of the app. Here’s how,
- Open your Google Play Store
- Search for Zoom and click on it.
- Then tap on “uninstall”
- After uninstalling the application again reinstall it by tapping the install button.
Once the app is successfully installed, open it and try to log in. Most of the time this kind of Zoom not working problem ends with this procedure.
You are able to use Zoom Now!
You have fixed the Zoom App Not Working Problem Android. Please let us know from which method/solutions you have done so. If you have any query or any suggestions related to the article write it down in the comments section we will be very happy to hear from you guys.
- Google Play Stuck At Waiting For Download? Here’s the Fix.
- Your Camera Is Being Used by Another Application windows 10
- Fix the “Critical Process Died” Stop Code 0x000000EF in Windows 10
- Android phone not connecting to Bluetooth Devices? Here’s the fix!
- Google Play Store doesn’t auto update apps? Here’s how to fix it!