Error message Audio services not responding on Windows 10 usually means that your sound device is unresponsive where it isn’t responding to your computer’s commands or messages. This is a common problem that usually occurs after Windows 10 upgrade or install the latest windows updates. Outdated or incompatible audio drivers, audio related services might not be running, and incorrect permission for Audio services are some common reasons behind this error. Here in this post, we have few effective ways to fix Audio services not responding in Windows 10.
Fix Audio Services Not Responding Windows 10
The windows audio service is essential to listen Audio sound from your PC or laptop. If due to any reason windows audio service is not started or is stuck running, Here are a few effective ways apply to fix “audio services not responding” on Windows 10
Restart Audio Services
Here the most effective solution helps most windows users to fix their Audio problems on windows 10.
- Press Windows key + R, type “services.msc”, and press Enter.
- This will open the windows services console, scroll down and locate Windows audio. Right-click on it and select “Restart”.
- Now right-click the entry (Windows audio) again and select “Properties”. Set the startup type as “Automatic”. Press Apply to save changes and exit.
- Again look for the service “Windows Audio Endpoint Builder”. Right-click it and select “Restart”. If it isn’t started yet, click on “Start”.
- After starting the process, open its properties and select the startup type as “Automatic”. Press Apply to save changes and exit.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.
Start Windows Audio Components
In addition check and make sure, that all the audio components are running.
Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok,
Locate and make sure the following services are in the running state. If they are not, right-click on them and click “Start”.
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
Also, make sure all these services are set to start as “Automatic”. After starting the processes (if they were off) check the problem is resolved or not.
Re-Add Your User Account To Your System
Here is another effective solution windows users mention help them to resolve their sound problem on windows 10.
- Press Windows key + S type cmd, and Right-click on Command Prompt to choose Run as administrator.
- Type command net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice and hit Enter.
- Next type net localgroup Administrators /add localservice and hit Enter.
- Wait for the completion of the commands and reboot your system.
- Now check if the solution help resolves the issue for you.
Install Realtek or High Definition Audio Device
Again outdated or incompatible audio drivers also cause this problem. Many users reported, installing High Definition Audio Device driver solved the problem for them.
- Press the Windows key + X select device manager,
- This will display all installed device driver lists, locate and expand the Sound, video and game controllers category.
- Right-click on your sound device and select “Update Driver”.
- Now an option will come forth whether to install the drivers automatically or manually. Select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Select High Definition Audio Device then click next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Restart your computer and check if the problem is solved.
Tweak Windows registry
Still need help, modify the windows registry key following the steps below that must help resolve the issue.
- Press Windows key + R, type regedit and click ok
- This will open the Windows registry editor, Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services, and AudioEndPointBuilder one by one. Now Select Parameters.
- Find ServiceDll from the right pane and check the information under the Data column.
- If the value data is not %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndPointBuilder.dll please change it.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Run Audio Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings then go to Update & Security
- From the left-hand menu select Troubleshoot then the additional troubleshooters link,
- Now under the “Get up and running” Select playing then click on Run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen instructions,
- This will detect and automatically fix the Audio services not responding error on windows 10.
Press Windows key + R type rstrui.exe and press enter key to open the system restore wizard and follow on-screen instructions to revert system changes to the previous working state.
In addition, open the command prompt as administrator and run the system file checker utility command sfc /scannow. Let the scanning process complete, this will help if corrupted missing system files cause the windows audio service not responding.
- Laptop has no sound after the windows 10 upgrade? Here how to fix
- No Audio Output Device is Installed windows 10 (5 solutions to apply)
- Windows 10 Laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI (Updated solutions)
- Fix: Your windows license will expire soon but windows 10 is activated
- Solved: The Print Spooler Service Not Running or keeps stopping error