It’s the Second Tuesday of the Month and part of the January 2023 Patch Tuesday update Microsoft has released new Windows 11 KB5022303 and KB5022287 for versions 22H2 and 21H2. Today’s update mainly focuses on security enhancements, performance improvements and bug fixes that address issues affect the Local Session Manager, also known as LSM, resolve a glitch impacting SQL servers, fix an issue that causes Blue Screen of Death error with 0xc000021a and more.
Windows 11 KB5022303 is an important security update that eventually downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can make changes to the windows settings and delay the update for a week or two, but it’s generally not a good idea to delay security updates. Well, windows 11 KB5022303 offline installers are also available for download on Microsoft Update Catalog.
Download Windows 11 KB5022303
This is an important update that downloads and installs automatically. Also, you can manually install windows 11 KB5022303 by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X and select Settings, Also you can use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app on windows 11.
- Select Windows update on the left-hand side, Then click on the Check for updates button,
- This will automatically start to download the Windows 11 KB5022303 update from the Microsoft server
- Once done you need to restart your PC to apply them.
Well if you are looking to download KB5022303 offline package then you can get it from here.
Windows 11 KB5022303 version 22H2 | Direct Download Links: 64-bit.
Windows 11 KB5022287 version 21H2 | Direct Download Links: 64-bit.
If you are looking for the latest Windows 11 ISO click here.
What’s new in windows 11 KB5022303
With today’s update, Microsoft completely focuses on security enhancement, bug fixes and optimizing windows 11 performance. Windows 11 KB5022303 bumps OS Build 22621.963 that bring fixes for two major bugs with Local Session Manager, also known as LSM and glitch impacting SQL servers.
The company noted Windows 11 KB5022303 addresses security issues for your Windows operating system with the additional note that addresses a known issue that might affect the Local Session Manager, also known as LSM.
Fixed a Local Session Manager (LSM) bug that could allow users who do not have admin rights to perform functions only an admin can.
Another bug has been fixed that breaks ODBC database connections or displays errors. Apps couldn’t connect to databases if they use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll)
Known issues 01
- Copying large multiple gigabytes (GB) files might take longer than expected to finish on Windows 11, version 22H2.
To mitigate this issue, Microsoft recommends use third-party file copy tools that do not use cache manager (buffered I/O)
Known issues 02
Provisioning packages may not work as expected. Windows may only be configured partially and the ” Out Of Box Experience might not finish or might restart unexpectedly”.
You can read the complete changelog from KB5022303
what’s new in Windows 11 KB5022287?
Windows 11 KB5022287 (OS Build 22000.1455) is available for version 21H2 which brings similar changes.
In addition, The new update addresses the blue screen error (0xc000021a) on the windows 11 21H2 build that might affect the startup on some Windows devices.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
Read the complete changelog Microsoft support page here.
- Solved: Windows 10 laptop battery “plugged in, not charging”
- Remote desktop connection not working after windows 10 upgrade
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 Settings App Not Working? Here is how to fix
- How to use BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
Source: Microsoft support blog