Today is the Second Tuesday of the Month, as part of the September 2023 Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft has rolled out a new Cumulative Update KB5030219 for Windows 11. This update focuses on addressing various bugs, improving the overall quality of the operating system, and fixing security vulnerabilities. By installing this update, your Windows 11 build number will advance to 22621.2283 and address an authentication issue that can impact the use of smart cards when joining or rejoining a computer to an Active Directory domain. The update also introduces a few changes and enhancements to enhance the user experience. To upgrade to the new version, you can read the separate guide How to upgrade to Windows 11, version 22H2.
Windows 11 KB5030219 Release Summary
- KB Article: KB5030219
- OS Version: Windows 11 version 22H2
- Build: 22621.2283
- Size: 400.6 MB, Download link
- Release Date: 12th September 2023
This is an important update that can be downloaded from Windows Settings. Also, you can use the Microsoft Update Catalog to download Windows 11 KB5030219 offline installers. These MSU installers can be used to manually upgrade the devices to the latest version. The latest update KB5030219 for Windows 11 also includes everything that we got with last month’s ‘D’ week update, which was optional.
What’s new in Windows 11 KB5030219
The latest Windows 11 KB5030219 cumulative update (OS Build 22621.2283) contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality.
Changes and bug fixes include:
- Smart card authentication issue after Windows updates dated October 2022 or later.
- New hover behavior for search box gleam, adjustable in Taskbar settings.
- Daylight saving time support for Israel.
- Search icon not opening Search app after waking from sleep fixed.
- Improved reliability of the Search app.
- TAB key issue in browsing search results addressed.
- Narrator now correctly identifies the search box on the taskbar.
- Search box size fixed in tablet posture mode on Surface Pro and Surface Book.
- New functionality for app defaults configuration.
- Policy for enabling optional updates for commercial devices introduced.
- Group Policy Service now processes policies correctly without a 30-second wait.
- New API for D3D12 Independent Devices introduced.
- WS_EX_LAYERED window rendering issue resolved.
- Print jobs sent to virtual print queue no longer fail.
- High CPU use issue with “fBlockNonDomain” policy fixed.
- System no longer stops working after deleting a disk partition and adding space to BitLocker partition.
- BitLocker now works on storage mediums with large sector sizes.
- Correct error message displayed in Remote Desktop sessions.
- Start menu icons no longer missing after first sign-in.
- Settings now sync properly even with the toggle enabled on Windows Backup page.
- Windows LAPS “BackupDirectory” policy setting now reported correctly in RSOP.
- Password change failure issue after using Windows Update for Business fixed.
- Microsoft Excel no longer stops responding when using Japanese IME with CTRL or Shift.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
Users running the original version of Windows 11 are receiving a new update today (KB5030217), which focuses on security improvements rather than introducing new features.
Download Windows 11 KB5030219
Windows 11 KB5030219 is a crucial security update that will be automatically downloaded and installed on devices with an active internet connection. Also, you can make changes to the Windows settings and delay the update for a week or two, but it’s generally not a good idea to delay security updates. Alternatively, offline installers for Windows 11 KB5030219 are available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for manual installation in specific cases.
Also, you can manually Download Windows 11 KB5030219 following the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + S, type settings, and select the first result,
- Go to Windows update and look if the 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5030219) is available for download.
- If not hit the check for updates button, and click on the download now button to begin the process.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply the changes,
Press the Windows key + R, type winver and hit the enter key to check the latest build details.
Windows 11 KB5030219 offline installers
This patch is currently rolling out to everyone via Windows Update, but you can also download the offline installers of Windows 11 KB5030219 and manually install it. Here are Windows 11 update offline installer files that you can manually download and install on your device.
- Windows 11 KB5030219 for version 22H2 Direct Download Links: 64-bit.
Note: The above link opens the Microsoft Update Catalog which is the library of Windows Update offline installers. You need to click on the ‘Download’ button next to the version of the OS installed on your machine and run the .msu files to begin the installation of the update.
If you are looking for the latest Windows 11 ISO click here.
- Did Windows 10 Computer Restart Unexpectedly? Apply these solutions
- How to fix stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error?
- iTunes Not Working on Windows 10? Here 5 Different iTunes problems and solutions
- Solved: Windows Cannot Verify the Digital Signature (Error code 52)
- YouTube Not perform well on Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Here is how to fix
Source: Microsoft support blog