Microsoft released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.891 and 22623.891 to the Beta Channel with a number of new features and improvements. The company noted, Build 22621.891 will have the new features off by default while build 22623.891will include the latest new features. As per the official blog, the latest windows 11 build 22623.891 bring some interesting improvements to task manager. Also there is improvements to Emoji search for Japanese and Simplified Chinese, and a number of bug fixes and improvements for windows 11.
Task Manager Improvements
Starting with today’s build 22623.891 Microsoft testing a new Task Manager feature that allows filter processes in the Task Manager by their name, process ID, or publisher, making it easier to find running programs.
The filter algorithm matches the context keyword with all possible matches and displays them on the current page. The filter is also applied as you switch between pages,” reads the Windows 11 Insider build 22623.891 release notes.
To use the new task manager feature, You can also use the keyboard shortcut ALT + F to focus on the filter box. This is a helpful feature if you want to single out a process or a group of processes and want to take action or just monitor the performance of the filtered processes.
Windows 11 build 22623.891also adds better color theme support to the Task Manager and the ability to opt-out of future confirmations when enabling ‘Efficiency mode’ on a process.
In addition to Task Manager changes, the new upgrade brings improvements to the Emoji search for Japanese and Simplified Chinese by handling Kana/Kanji and Pinyin properly.
General bug fixes and improvements
- When using the bottom right edge gesture to see Quick Settings, the taskbar should no longer get stuck in the expanded state (instead of dismissing to collapsed state).
- Fixed an issue causing the do not disturb icon to disappear while in do not disturb mode.
- The new show hidden icons flyout’s animation should now be consistent with other taskbar flyouts.
- The show hidden icons flyout background color should now align with your accent color if “Show accent color on Start and taskbar” is enabled in Settings > Personalization > Colors.
- Fixed multiple explorer.exe crashes impacting taskbar performance.
- You can back up applicable settings to your Microsoft account. You can also sync these settings on any Windows device and in Microsoft Office.
- We fixed an issue that affected File Explorer. It failed to localize folders.
- We fixed an issue that affected the CopyFile function. It might have sometimes returned error 317: ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND.
- We fixed an issue that affected process creation. It failed to create security audits for it and other related audit events.
- We fixed an issue that affected printing in landscape mode in Microsoft Edge. The print output was incorrect. This issue occurred when you used Microsoft Defender Application Guard.
- We fixed an issue that affected Microsoft Defender when it was not the primary antivirus. Microsoft Defender failed to turn off passive mode. This issue occurred when you turn off Smart App Control (SAC).
- We added .wcx to the list of Dangerous Extensions that some app control policies do not allow.
- We fixed an issue that affected a computer account. The use of non-standard characters can stop the cleanup of the Out of Box Experience (OOBE) accounts.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Windows Firewall service. It did not start when you turned on the Override block rules option.
- We fixed an issue that might have affected applications that run on the Windows Lock Down Policy (WLDP). They might have stopped working.
There are some known issues as well that include,
- Audio stopped working for some Insiders in recent Beta Channel builds.
- You may notice, taskbar sometimes flashes when transitioning between desktop posture and tablet posture
- The taskbar takes longer than expected to transition to the touch-optimized version when switching between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- Filtering by publisher name does not match correctly on the Processes page.
- Some services may not show in the Services page after filtering is applied.
- If a new process is starting while a filter is set, then that process may appear for a split second in the filtered list.
- The delete key and tooltip are not working on the filter input box.
- Some dialogs may not render in the correct theme when applied from Task Manager Settings page.
- The data content area of the Processes page may flash once when theme changes are applied in the Task Manager Settings page.
- There’s an issue we’re investigating where Task Manager isn’t displaying light and dark content correctly, leading to unreadable text.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22623 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 build 22623
Users registered with the Windows Insider Program running one of the most recent builds using the Skip Ahead option can download build 22623 via Windows Update. Or you can manually check for updates from Settings, update & security. If you are looking to download Windows 10 build 19035 ISO you can get it from here.
As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. We recommend not to install preview builds on the production machine. If you love early access to windows 10 upcoming features we recommend installing preview builds on a Virtual machine.