Part of the 20H2 development branch Today (29/04/2020) Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 19619 for Fast Ring insiders. New Windows 10 Build 19619 brings fixes for frequent freezes on some systems, music controls to the Your Phone app, quick access to COVID-19 info banner in Search, which makes it easier to get Corona updates. It also includes a list of bug fixes and more Let’s take a look at what’s new on Windows 10 build 19619.
Quick access COVID-19 Tracker
Starting with today’s Windows 10 build 19619, the company includes a new coronavirus banner in Search to quickly access real-time and trusted data about the coronavirus pandemic. Select the View interactive map for fast access to the Bing COVID-19 Tracker, updated daily with the latest information both locally and around the globe. Microsoft explained.
Your Phone app now control music on a phone from your PC
Windows 10 Your Phone app updated with the ability to control music and audio from an Android phone. When using the new features your audio tracks will remain in sync between your phone and PC, and you can switch between multiple sources using the dropdown in the player.
“Now you can access and control the audio apps playing from your phone directly within the app, without needing to split your attention between devices or breaking your workflow,” LeBlanc added.
This feature works with popular mobile apps such as Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, and the required Your Phone app update will roll out gradually to PCs running the Windows 10 October 2018 Update or newer.
Bug fixes and improvements
If the Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity, the error now tells you that’s the issue.
The company said they have fixed the BUGchecks problem that caused DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in some Insiders in recent versions. This is also considered to be the root cause of some Insiders’ computer stuck.
Resolved a browser bug that caused the Japanese input method to run in private mode even if the user did not start it.
fixed an issue causing many Schannel errors to appear in the System event log.
The latest build also fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected characters showing up in the text strings of intl.cpl’s Additional Settings > Currency.
Fixed an issue resulting in stordiag.exe crashing on launch if you tried to open it while running a repro mode trace while filing feedback under the “Disks and Storage” context in the Feedback Hub.
There are some known issues as well that include,
- Narrator and NVDA users experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content on Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.
- Windows update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- The battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the file explorer integration could cause a transient access error.
Microsoft is listing the complete set of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 19619 at the Windows Blog.
Download Windows 10 build 19619
Users registered with the Windows Insider Program running one of the most recent builds using the Skip Ahead option can download build 19619 via Windows Update. Or you can manually check for updates from Settings, update & security. If you are looking to download Windows 10 build 19619 ISO you can get it from here.
As is normal with builds early in the development cycle, builds may contain bugs that might be painful for some. We recommend not to install preview builds on the production machine. If you love early access windows 10 upcoming features we recommend install preview builds on Virtual machine.
- New Features Introduced on Windows 10 1909 aka November 2019 Update
- How to Disable touchpad when the mouse is connected windows 10
- Solved: Windows 10 100% disk usage on startup (5 Working solutions)
- Windows 10 New sandbox Feature allows safely test unknown applications in isolation
- Windows 10 ‘Patch Tuesday’ updates available for Download