Microsoft Started rolling out windows 10 version 22H2 for compatible Devices, With sew of New Features, Security improvements and more. And it’s available for free, for all Genuine Windows 10 users connected to Microsoft server. Also, Microsoft Released Official Upgrade Assistant, Media Creation Tool to make the manual Upgrade process Smooth. But Some of the users Report unable To Upgrade to Windows 10 version 22H2, The windows 10 2022 update stuck downloading or Getting Different Errors like We couldn’t install Windows 10 etc.
Failed to install Windows 10 version 22H2
There are many factors that are involved While Upgrade To A Big Update, Such As minimum System Requirement, enough Storage, Missing or damaged System Files, Corrupted Update Cache files etc. If you Are also experiencing similar problem, Fails to Upgrade To Windows 10 version 22H2 Here we have some applicable solutions to fix this.
Check the Minimum System Requirement
If you have a new System Skip This Step, Or if you are using an old Computer or Laptop And try To upgrade/Install Windows 10 2022 updates So make Sure that meet the minimum system requirement to upgrade to windows 10 version 22H2.
Microsoft recommends the following system requirements to install windows 10 November update version 22H2 :
- Processor: 1GHz or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 32GB for 32-bit OS or 32 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600
Check have enough disk space
Also As Discussed on System Requirements, There is a minimum of 32 GB of free Storage space Required To upgrade, Install Windows 10 version 22H2. So make sure you have enough Free Disk Space, If not you can run the storage sense To clear unnecessary junk, Cache, and System Error files, Or move Some Data from the Desktop or download the Folder to External Devices To free up The Disk space.
Check Update Service is running
If due for some reason you have disabled to Windows Update Service (for preventing Windows auto update installation purposes), Or The updates Service is not running This may also cause different Issues while upgrade To Windows 10 version 22H2.
- Press Win + R, Type Services.msc and hit the enter key.
- On Windows Services Scroll Down, Look for Windows update service.
- If it’s running simply Right-click on it and select Restart.
- Or if it’s not started then double-click on it, Change the startup type automatically,
- And start the service next to service status.
- click apply, Ok and Restart windows, Now Try to upgrade Windows 10 2022 update.
Make sure your system date and time plus regional settings are correct.
Also, make sure the Defer Upgrades option is not set to delay upgrades.
- You can check this from Settings > Update & security.
- Then go to Advanced option,
- And here make sure to set the option for deferring updates to 0.
Toggle off metered connection
Also check the internet isn’t set to metered connection, which may block the windows 10 version 22H2 Update from installing on their computers.
- You can Check Metered connection From Settings
- Network & Internet then Change connection properties
- Here Toggle Set as metered connection is off.
Disable security software
Disable or temporarily uninstall third-party antivirus and firewall (if exists), because they may also block the update. And most importantly disconnect VPN, if configured on your device.
Also, Run System File Checker Tool to Scan And Restore Missing damaged System Files which may prevent Windows To upgrade to November 2021 update. In addition check and fix disk drive errors, bad Sectors using the CHKDSK command.
Run Update Troubleshooter
Run windows update Troubleshooter following the steps below. That probably automatically detects and fixes the problems feature update to install.
- Open Windows Settings
- Go to Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Select Windows update and Run The Troubleshooter
- This will start the diagnostic process, and restart the windows update and its related services.
- Check windows update components for corruption and try to correct them.
- After that restart windows and try to upgrade to windows 10 November 2021 update.
Still, have failed to upgrade try to manually reset windows update components.
Reset Windows Update components
If After Apply all the Above options still unable to upgrade to windows 10 2022 update? Try To Reset The Windows Update Components Such As the software Distributor Folder, Catroor2 folder Where Window Store the important update files. If any of the update files are corrupted you may face different errors while downloading and install updates. or Windows Update Stuck at any point while downloading and install updates.
Reset Update Components
Open administrative Command Prompt and type the following commands one-by-one followed by enter key.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
At last Type, Exit to Close the Command Prompt window and reboot the machine.
Now Try to upgrade To Windows 10 2022 update via upgrade Assistant, Or using the Media Creation Tool. Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 22H2 update problem? Let us know on the comments below, also read:
- Windows 10 22H2 upgrade with Media Creation Tool
- Windows 10 installing the same update over and over? Here is how to fix it
- Windows 10 upgrade assistant is stuck at 99%, Here 5 Solutions you may try
- How to fix RPC server is unavailable (0x800706ba) on windows 10
- How to fix a Laptop Touch screen not working on windows 10