The Internet is a global wide area network that connects computer systems across the world. Most ISPs offer broadband Internet access via a cable, DSL, or fiber connection. When you connect to the Internet using a public Wi-Fi or a personal Wi-Fi signal, the Wi-Fi router is still connected to an ISP that provides Internet access. But many times webpages do not load however you are connected to WiFi, and your wifi network shows Wi-Fi connected but no internet access. These are the most common issues faced by many Android users that their phone is connected to WiFi but no internet. Here in this article, we will see some of the major troubleshooting solutions that you can try and fix wifi connected but no internet android phone.
- 1 Why is my mobile showing connected to wifi but no internet access?
Why is my mobile showing connected to wifi but no internet access?
Your mobile could show limited internet connection when connected to Wi-Fi. What does limited connection mean on WiFi and How to fix limited Internet connection? Limited access means your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, but the Wi-Fi network is not connected to the Internet. This means that Wi-Fi does not have a working Internet connection. So here we will also learn how to fix limited Internet connection problems on android. There can be many culprits behind showing no internet access on your Android, such as some bugs, manipulated settings, a damaged router and much more.
Disconnect and Connect Again
A simple fix for all IT related issues like no internet access can be fixed just by disconnecting your wifi and again reconnecting it. In short, you have to troubleshoot your wifi. It will refresh it and help you to solve the issue. Here’s how
- Just, Disable and re-enable your Wi-Fi network
Restart your Android Device
Restarting your Android Device is a major troubleshooting step that will solve any wifi connection issue.
Sometimes, all you need to do is simply Restart your device as Restarting your device might be helpful to clear some of the bugs and will definitely help you to deal with the issue. Rebooting your device clears some of the temporary files and fixes lots of major glitches sitting on your device. A normal restart is good where you have to switch off your device and again Restart it, but here we will suggest you do a hard restart as it is more effective!
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force your device to power off and turn back on.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting.
Check if your wifi limited connection issue has been solved or not, if not then move to other troubleshooting solutions.
Restart your router
If you are still facing limited Internet connection in your Wi-Fi then you should restart your Wi-Fi router once. As restarting your Wi-Fi router gives a boost to your internet connection. And if there is any small problem in the Wi-Fi router that prevents you from using the internet on your android device will also be solved. To reboot your Wi-Fi router,
- Turn off the Router switch and unplug it for 20-30 seconds.
- Then, plug it back and turn on the switch.
Enable and disable airplane mode!
Enabling Airplane Mode disables Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and turns off the cell phone’s ability to connect to cellular networks. So, By enabling and disabling Airplane mode on your Smartphone, you’re effectively restarting features like cellular connection, Wi-Fi connection and refreshing all Network Settings. And this will also boost your internet connection over Wi-Fi. And it will definitely help to solve the problem that phones are connected to WiFi but no internet android issues. Here’s how you can do that, (if your internet connection is not good)
- Open the control center of your device or just swipe up to down.
- You will see an airplane icon just toggle it on, wait for 10 seconds and off it again.
Check Date and Time in your Android Device
Sometimes having the wrong date and time might be the culprit behind this type of internet issue. So it’s better to check out your Time and Date. Sometimes, there is a mismatch between the actual time and the one on your device, so correct it. Here’s how,
- Open Settings on your smartphone
- Click on the system or general management.
- Click on Date and time then, Choose Automatic date & time or Use network-provided time.
Forget WiFi Network
When you forget a WIFI network, the device will remove that particular network from the Saved Networks List, which means it will not remember the password. After you’ve forgotten a Wi-Fi network, you can still log into it again — your phone just won’t connect automatically. And After that, you will have to enter the password again for your Wi-Fi. This will help you with the issue connected but no internet. Here’s how,
- Open Settings on your smartphone then, click on Connections or Network & internet.
- Select Wi-Fi. Then, Click on the Wi-Fi name that is having a problem.
- Tap on Forget on the next screen.
- Try to connect to the same Wi-Fi again with the correct password.
Reset Network Settings
If you reset your network settings it will erase your Wi-Fi settings, so you’ll have to re-enter your passwords after the reset is complete. Keep in mind that this will also reset the Cellular, Bluetooth, VPN, and APN settings on your android device. So that all networks will start as new or in their default stage and this will definitely help you to solve the limited Internet connection issue.
How to reset your network settings?
- Go to settings
- Then click on “connection and sharing” or “system” or “general management”
- Tap on Reset
- Tap on Reset network settings/Reset Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Update your phone software
New Android software could solve the limited Internet connection of Wi-Fi issues permanently. As new software comes with many bug fixes it might be possible that it fixes any internet connection bug (if it is there). Having up-to-date devices is one of the major prerequisites of every Android device to work its features normally and properly. Updating your Android device software is a major solution to all the minor and big bugs you have faced related to the internet. As an update comes with loads of bug fixes. If you disabled automatic system software updates on your android device you can download it manually (if the update is available). Updating your Android device OS to the latest one would be a great thing. Here’s how,
- Open settings
- Then click on the system
- And then check for a software update. Or you can search for the word “update” in your settings.
Contact your Wireless Carrier
If nothing above has worked, there is an issue in your wireless network carrier. So, it may be worthwhile getting in contact with your wireless carrier. There could be an issue with your account that only a customer service representative can resolve it.
Hope now you are able to browse what you need with the help of Wi-Fi. And If your Phone is connected to WiFi but no internet android issue has been solved. So, please let us know which solution you did that we are happy to hear that from you guys! And if any questions arise in your mind feel free to ask us we are here to solve your queries and doubts.
- Windows 10 Laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI
- How to Fix Internet connection Problems on android devices!
- Android vs. iOS: Which Mobile OS Is Best for you? (Explained 2022)
- YouTube not loading on your Device? 8 ways to revive the video
- 15 Most Watched YouTube Videos (Based on total Global views as of 2022)