If you are concerned about your privacy after the Recent WhatsApp rules then, Switch to Signal the brilliant Whatsapp Alternative. Here is how to use Signal, the most secure and private alternative for WhatsApp.
- 1 What is the Signal app used for?
- 1.1 Can I Use Signal Instead Of Whatsapp?
- 1.2 Why Should You Stop Using Whatsapp?
- 1.3 How To Use Signal App: The Brilliant WhatsApp Alternative
- 1.4 What Should I Use Signal Or Whatsapp?
- 1.5 Is Signal A Better App Then Whatsapp?
- 1.6 What Is The Best Alternative To Whatsapp?
- 1.7 Why Is Everyone Living Whatsapp For Signal?
What is the Signal app used for?
Signal is a free cross-platform centralized encrypted instant messaging service developed by the non-profit Signal Technology Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC. Similar to WhatsApp, users can send one-to-one and group messages, which can include files, voice notes, images and videos all include end-to-end encryption.
Can I Use Signal Instead Of Whatsapp?
Definitely yes, The majority of features on Signal are also present on WhatsApp, making it like-for-like in terms of its user offering. Like WhatsApp, Signal uses your phone number as your identity and has better Privacy than WhatsApp, making it Signal: Brilliant Whatsapp Alternative. In fact, Signal is the number one most popular app in my version of the Apple App Store/Google Play Store right now, compared to WhatsApp at number five and Telegram at number three.
Why Should You Stop Using Whatsapp?
Throughout the past, Whatsapp had made its donomince in the instant messaging market and now whatsapp was trying to use monopoly against its users to generate revenue. As per the sources, after the new Whatsapp policy, it began to share some user information with Facebook, including location, phone numbers, profile names and pictures which will later help to create personalized ads on their platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Not only that, in the future Facebook can bring ads on WhatsApp apps too. Where us Signal: Brilliant Whatsapp Alternative doesn’t have any plans to bring ads on their platform.
How To Use Signal App: The Brilliant WhatsApp Alternative
So how can you protect your information from Facebook’s Whatsapp? The Solution is to download some of the best Whatsapp alternatives like signal. If you are thinking about moving to Signal, the good news is, the app is just as easy to use, and it has a desktop version too. Better still, you can voice and video chat on Signal, and all features are end-to-end encrypted, which means no one can access them—even Signal itself. Here is how to set up and use Signal App, the brilliant Whatsapp Alternative.
- Download Signal for iPhone or Android through App Store or Google Play Store respectively.
- After installation, open the application and enter your phone number. This is so the Signal app can send you a OTP and verify you’re the one using the app.
- Enter in the code you received via text message.
- Tap “Register without Transferring.” If you’ve used Signal app before, you can choose “Transfer from iOS device” to download your old conversations but, for the sake of this guide, we’re assuming you haven’t used Signal yet.
- Now you’re at the Signal home screen.
- Tap the pencil icon on the top-right to create a message.
- You can start messaging people who are already using the Signal app. But you may also need to tap “Invite Friends to Signal” if your contact doesn’t have the app yet.
- This will allow you to create an email message or text message to friends and family with a link to download the app.
- Once they’ve joined, you can start chats using the same pencil icon, or create groups, much like you would in WhatsApp. You’ll even see read receipts, links to send audio messages, stickers, photos and more.
User’s are now shifting to signal instead of whatsapp tremendously, it was also boosted by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who tweeted ‘use Signal messaging app,’ earlier in the month of January.
“Tweet of Elon Musk Asking Users To Use Signal: Brilliant Whatsapp Alternative”.
What Should I Use Signal Or Whatsapp?
Due to various privacy concerns, many users are shifting to signal. However, WhatsApp reiterated that all the chats are encrypted and cannot be accessed by it or Facebook but in near future, no one can say what the policy of WhatsApp be like!. While Signal isn’t some massive tech company out to make money from your information, either. It’s a registered nonprofit and relies on donations to operate.
Is Signal A Better App Then Whatsapp?
As of now both apps are on the same boat!. But if you are concerned about your privacy in the near future then signal is the best alternative for Whatsapp out there. The free app doesn’t collect your private information and it doesn’t have any ads either.
What Is The Best Alternative To Whatsapp?
We have talked about How To Use Signal: Brilliant Whatsapp Alternative. But there are other options too in the market which have proved to be the best alternative to WhatsApp. Like Telegram, Threema, Wire, Line, Etc.
Why Is Everyone Living Whatsapp For Signal?
As a security professional, it’s difficult to advise WhatsApp users to quit the app. The messaging platform has done more to popularize secure messaging than anyone else. But users’ privacy comes first! Whatsapp ‘s changed policy leaves no other option but to Use Signal: Brilliant Whatsapp Alternative. A new app always takes a bit of getting used to, and Signal is certainly worth it.