Rooting is the simple way to get complete access to everything in a mobile operating system. By rooting your android you can change and be able to replace system default apps like Settings and many more applications. In Apple iOS it is known as jailbreaking. So here in this article, we will get to know what is the root of android? What is the use of root in android? How to root any android phone, Disadvantages or risks of rooting android, As well as how to unroot your android phone.
- 1 What Is Root In Android?
- 2 What are the advantages of rooting?
- 3 How To Root Any Android Phone?
- 4 Disadvantages Of Rooting Android
- 5 How to unroot your Android phone?
What Is Root In Android?
Rooting lets all user-installed applications run privileged commands typically unavailable to the devices in the stock configuration(by default). Rooting is required for more advanced and potentially dangerous operations including modifying or deleting system files, removing pre-installed applications, and low-level access to the hardware itself (rebooting, controlling status lights, or recalibrating touch inputs.) Rooting is the process of allowing users of the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (also known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
Rooting allows users to download and install alternative software and kernels so that one can run an entirely new system without getting a new device. By rooting your android you can actually update your device to the latest Android OS even if you had an old handset and the manufacturer no longer allows you to do so. Root gives permission to a normal user so that it can be a superuser of that device, by then you have complete control over your device and can add anything, remove anything, and access functions on your phone or tablet that you couldn’t reach before. This is pretty important, and something you should think about before you begin.
What are the advantages of rooting?
- By Rooting your android device you can actually install custom ROMs and Kernel software so that it adds new and interesting features to your old handset. They can significantly change the look and feel of your handset. What’s great about them is that they also come as stock Android. And also you can install the latest android software to your device after root.
- Everyone knows all Android smartphones (except stock one) come with a bunch of pre-installed applications and also you have no permission to remove them, but by rooting your android you can actually remove those pre-installed applications that you don’t want on your device.
- By rooting your android, you can run special applications that require root access, which is generally more powerful and feature-rich than other apps.
- On your android, many applications show ads in pop-up notifications and you can’t disable it as without root you don’t have that permission. But if you root your Android you can block all ads.
- Most Android devices come with limited themes and skins. But rooting an android phone lets you install new ROMs so that you can fully customize and tweak your device skins for a truly unique display with more features.
- Many useful applications are available in the Google Play Store which will increase the power of your CPU or Processor one can get access to them after rooting their android. As Un-rooted devices typically limit their CPU capabilities
- When you are Rooting an Android device, you have access to a number of files, sections, and parts of your device that would otherwise not be available. Depending on what you want with your device, you can make several changes with the help of root.
How To Root Any Android Phone?
There are a number of rooting software available in the market which will help you to root your Android device with one click. Here we will see how to root any android phone via Rootmaster, Kingo Root Apk., And Framaroot.
Root Master apk for android is an awesome tool to ROOT your android devices in one click. However, it has not been updated since 2017. Here’s how you can use Rootmaster to root any android phone.
- Download and install the Rootmaster apk file. You may need to tap the Unknown Sources button in your Android Security settings to complete the installation.
- After installing the app, simply launch it and then click “Start”.
- If your device is compatible, proceed to the Next Step. if not then you may have to use another app in the list.
- You will see a rooting window. Try not to do anything in the background unless it’s important.
- Finally, you will see a success screen. Restart your phone and you are done rooting.
- Once it’s finished, you can download and run Magisk to manage your root access.
Kingo Root Apk
Kingo Root is another rooting app for android smartphones. It works as an easy-to-use rooting tool to give users root access to their respective android devices. It is compatible with all the Android versions from Android 1.5 cupcake to the latest Android OS version. Here’s how to use it.
- Download and Install the Kingo Root APK. Open the Kingo Root app.
- If your device is compatible, you will see a One Click Root button. Tap it and be patient — it can take time.
- If the root is successful, you will see a large checkmark.
- Once it’s finished, you can download and run Magisk to manage your root access.
Framaroot is a development and I.T. application by Reginald Inc. The application is designed for easy rooting mobile devices for enabling a lot of features.
- Download the latest version of the Framaroot app
- Install Framaroot on your android device.
- Open Framaroot and select SuperSU.
- Select any exploit.
- Your device will get rooted.
- You can use Magisk to manage your root access.
Disadvantages Of Rooting Android
- It Removes Device Warranty! Hell yea by rooting your android device you are no more liable to claim the warranty! (If it’s there). Device makers or service providers can go to great lengths to find out the truth about your device and if your device got crashed during rooting then they will not cover the damages.
- Overheating! If you use one of the root accesses known as the CPU clock more often then it can be a disadvantage for you. Increasing processor speed can maximize performance but also comes with the risk of overheating your processor, which is the heart of your device. And it might create a big problem.
- It can turn your phone into a useless brick! Sometimes rooting an android device is much more critical than it sounds. Each Android model can have a different rooting process which is to be done very carefully without missing any steps. If anyone’s step misses then it could turn your device into an expensive, useless brick. The risk of ending up bricking your phone is even greater if you are new to rooting so it’s better to leave it to someone with a bit more tech-known buddy.
- Malware! You might gain access to more venerable apps and features, but that also means that you’ll have to be very selective with what you download on your phone. Some apps might contain viruses/malware and steal your sensitive data like login details, passwords, payment details, etc. Or else it can also be hacked. If you do root your phone, the least you should do is use a good antivirus and a VPN service.
How to unroot your Android phone?
Rooting your android device and experiencing its root features and being a superuser is one of the great things and the best part of the Android ecosystem. But what if you don’t want to be a part of this root system!. Here is how can you unroot your android phone!
You can unroot your android phone within minutes by using some of the best unroot software available in the market!
Unroot android by using Universal Unroot
This is a great app for those who are trying to complete a warranty return with a carrier for defective device hardware or a repair. If you only want to temporarily lose Root Access, this app is not for you. Unrooting is permanent and cannot be undone with this app. Only use this if you truly want to lose Root Access. This app will guide you through the whole unroot process so just download it from the Play Store and follow the instructions.
Unroot Android by Using SuperSU
SuperSU is the most popular software in terms of unrooting android devices. You can download it from the Play Store and follow the instructions below,
- When this is installed, launch the app and tap on the Settings tab.
- Scroll down the page until you see an option called “Full unroot”, then tap on this.
- The app will then ask if you are sure you want to completely unroot the device. Tap continue.
- Once this is done, the app will automatically close and you will need to restart the device.
- Once it has rebooted, you can uninstall SuperSU and your device will be unrooted.
So that’s it for today’s article guys, hope now you get whole knowledge about how to root android phone, the Advantages, and Disadvantages of Rooting Android, and much more! Any other tips you can think of? Share them down in the comments below.