Can’t hear Audio sound After install the windows 10 October 2020 update? Or getting no audio output device is installed pops up when you mouse over to the speaker icon on the taskbar. Mostly this problem (No Playback Devices) occurs when your system carries a corrupted sound driver or the OS fails to recognize your PC’s audio device. And reinstalling the correct Audio driver mostly fixes the problem for you. Again, sometimes incorrect sound configuration, audio connectivity, audio hardware (sound card) failure, etc. cause no audio output device installed on your system.
Fix No audio output device is installed
If you are also struggling with this problem, we have collected some troubleshooting tips to fix the No audio output device installed in Windows 10 laptops, including HP, Dell XPS 13, Toshiba, Lenovo Yoga, Asus, And PCs.
First of all, Check your speaker and headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack. New PCs these days are equipped with 3 or more jacks including.
- microphone jack
- line-in jack
- line-out jack
And These jacks connect to a sound processor. So make sure your speakers are plugged into the line-out jack. If unsure which is the right jack, try plugging speakers in to each of the jacks and see it produces any sound.
Also, Check your power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.
Install the latest windows updates
If the problem (Audio stops working) started after installing the windows 10 October 2020 update, We recommend to check and install the latest cumulative update KB4468550. This update Microsoft especially released for Windows 10 version 1809, 1803, and 1709, to address the following issue:
This update addresses an issue where after installing the Intel Smart Sound Technology driver (version 09.21.00.3755) via Windows Update or manually, computer audio may stop working.
Run Windows Audio troubleshooter
Let first Run The windows inbuilt Audio troubleshooting Tool and let windows find and fix the problem. To run windows, Audio troubleshooter,
Click on Start menu search and type Troubleshoot settings and select from search results.
Then scroll down and look for playing audio, select and run the troubleshooter to let windows check and fix windows audio-related problems for you.
Check And Restart Windows Audio Services
This is another effective solution to check if the Windows audio service is stopped running or corrupted. We recommend checking and Make sure windows audio and dependency services are running.
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc and ok.
- When Services snap-in opens, scroll down,
Check and make sure that the following services have Running Status and their Startup Type is set to Automatic. Right-click these services and select restart.
- Windows Audio
- Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
- Plug and Play
- Multimedia Class Scheduler
Pro Tip: If you find any of these services don’t have Running Status and their Startup Type is not set to Automatic, then double click the service and set this in the service’s property sheet.
Now Check Windows sound started working or not. Also, check this post If you find the Microphone not working after install windows 10 version 20H2, If you are still getting No Audio Output Device is Installed in Windows 10, then proceed to the next solution.
Check the status of Speakers
If the problem started after the recent windows 10 upgrade, there is a chance due to incompatibility issues or bed driver windows automatically Disable the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices.
- On the Start menu, search Type sound and select it from search results.
- Here Under the Playback tab, right-click on the empty area.
- Make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a checkmark on it.
- If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
- Please right-click on the device and Enable it.
- Select “Set Default” Check if it helps.
Reinstall Audio Driver (The Ultimate solution)
If all the above solutions failed to fix the problem still can’t hear audio from your laptop, PC. Let’s play with the audio drivers which mostly fix the issue.
- First open Device manager, By pres win + X select Device manager.
- This will display all installed driver list on your system.
- Look for category namely Sound, video, and game controllers, and expand.
- Here right-click on the installed audio driver, And select Enable Device if it’s disabled.
Also, From here, right-click on the installed Audio driver, Select update driver, and click on search automatically for updated driver software to let windows check and install the latest available software on your system.
Install generic audio driver
If that didn’t work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. To do this
- Again open Device Manager,
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click on the current installed audio driver select update driver software.
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select High Definition Audio Device, select Next and follow the instructions to install it.
Still need help? Let’s Uninstall the old driver and install the latest Audio Driver. To do this
- Again open the device manager.
- Click the arrow that appears on the left sidebar of Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click on your audio driver. From the menu that pops-up, click the Uninstall device.
- Restart your PC, and upon restart, the OS will by itself install audio driver Windows 10.
- Well, in this way, it installs the latest driver which will resolve the issue.
If the driver didn’t install itself, Open Device Manager, click action and select search for hardware change. this will automatically scan and install the audio driver.
Otherwise, visit the device manufacturer website, download the latest available Audio driver and install the same with administrative privileges. Restart your PC and check Audio started working.
Most of the time, these solutions fix the Audio sound problem on windows 10 laptop/PC. But if you still have issue “No Audio Output Device is Installed,” it’s time to look out your Audio port or add an extra sound card on your PC. Did these tips help to Fix No Audio Output Device is Installed on windows 10? Lets us know on comments below also, read