We all know that the new iOS 16 comes with very exciting features whether it’s about the whole new home Screen redesign or the new app gallery or picture in picture mode and much more new interesting features! But some users also face problems and issues with the whole new iOS, like screen dimming, notification issues such as Instagram notifications not working on iPhone, in-app glitches, battery drainage and much more! In this article, we are gonna see how to fix iPhone notifications not working after the iOS 16 update.
- 1 iPhone notifications not working
- 1.1 Instagram notifications not working on iphone
- 1.2 Make sure you have notifications turned on
- 1.3 Turn off your Bluetooth
- 1.4 Enable “show on lock screen” setting
- 1.5 Turn off “show in CarPlay” settings
- 1.6 Change the banner style
- 1.7 Turn off the setting “Hide alerts”
- 1.8 Turn off filtering unknown senders
- 1.9 The notification may be going to another device!
- 1.10 Restart your iPhone
- 1.11 Reset your iMessage
- 1.12 Advanced Troubleshooting
- 1.13 Use Another iOS Device or go for Apple support
iPhone notifications not working
Some simple tips for notifications not working on iPhone or iOS devices issue.
- Make sure your iPhone device has the latest iOS updates installed
- Please make sure your iOS device has an Internet connection. i.e, a wifi connection or cellular network is must for any notification.
- Before going for any advanced solution, Check the obvious problem i.e, be sure that the Mute switch which is on the side of your iPhone and iPad is not on.
- Make sure that DND(Do Not Disturb) mode is turned off as if it is on then calls and alters that arrive while in locked screen will be silenced, and a moon icon will appear in the status bar. To disable DND Mode; Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and tap Manual if it’s turned on.
Instagram notifications not working on iphone
- Check the Notifications setting on the Instagram app if all are turned on, you can check the same from profile > Setting > Notifications
- Also we recommend Update the Instagram app and install latest iOS update on your device.
- Check and make sure your iPhone is not in silent mode
- Make sure you have Internet connection or cellular Data Turn on.
- Logout from your Instagram account and login in again.
- Reinstall Instagram app and give notification permission on IOS
If the notification is not working after doing the above steps correctly too, Then the following solutions might help you to trigger the issue.
Make sure you have notifications turned on
- On your iPhone open settings then Notifications,
- Tap on Show Previews and make sure it’s set to always/ Or make sure Allow notifications option is toggled on.
If having a problem with a specific app such as Facebook notifications not working on your iPhone then open settings -> notification. Under the sub-menu “Notification Style,” find and tap the app you want to receive notifications for.
Turn off your Bluetooth
As many users have found that turning off their Bluetooth has fixed the problem of locked screen notifications. In other words, when Bluetooth is enabled, they don’t receive any notifications on their iPhones when locked. But as soon as they disable Bluetooth, the notifications appear on the lock screen as expected.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and toggle Bluetooth off.
If turning off Bluetooth did not work for you, then don’t worry, we have many more solutions for you guys.
Enable “show on lock screen” setting
If you keep missing notifications on your lock screen, then make sure that the “Show on Lock Screen” setting is toggled on, if not so then turn it on You can find the same under Settings > Notifications > Messages.
Turn off “show in CarPlay” settings
Many iOS users find that the problem is caused by turning on the “show in CarPlay” setting. So if it is enabled turn it off for that purpose go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and turn off ‘Show in CarPlay’. Once the Users turned that setting off, their notifications started working again normally.
As per our sources after changing the banner style the problem seems to be okay. For that purpose, you have to go to settings > notifications > messages and then change the Banner style to persistent and added repeat alerts twice as an added reminder. After doing this your text notification issue will solve.
Turn off the setting “Hide alerts”
If you are not receiving messages from certain contacts, then head over to the Messages app and make sure that the “Hide alerts” settings are turned off for the contact in question.
- In short, Go to your conversation,
- Click on the image, name or number that appears at the top of your screen.
- Click on the info button.
- Look to see if Hide Alerts is toggled to the On position, if so then turned it off.
Turn off filtering unknown senders
- Go to Settings. Scroll down to find Messages, then select it.
- Under Message Filtering toggle Filter Unknown Senders to the Off position. This might solve the issue
The notification may be going to another device!
If you are also using another device, like an Apple Watch or a Mac, your notifications may be going to another device instead. So turn off notifications in your Mac or Apple watch. This will surely help you.
Restart your iPhone
For the home button iPhone
- Press and hold the side button or the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your phone (depending on your model).
- Drag the slider.
For iPhone without home button
- Press and hold both the side button and the volume button until the slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider.
Reset your iMessage
Many users have found that by resetting their iMessage has solved the iPhone notification not working issue.
- Go to Settings and select Messages.
- The top option should be iMessage. Click the toggle to the right of iMessage to turn off iMessage.
- Restart your device.
- See if the problem persists when iMessage is turned off. If this does work for you, this may represent a useful solution.
- As most users will want iMessage enabled, try re-enabling it by going to Settings > Messages and toggling the iMessage switch to the On position.
If the problem still exists, then one should go for advanced troubleshooting solutions i.e, you can restore your iOS device in Recovery Mode!
Recovery mode helps you to solve minor to major problems, so it can easily solve iPhone notifications not working after the iOS 16 update issue.
- Firstly, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer(PC).
- Then run iTunes and plug in your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- If a window pops up and says that you’re required to restore or update your iPhone, just follow the onscreen instructions to make it.
- Or you can force restart your device to put it in Recovery Mode and a popup window will appear.
- Once connected, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and the Home buttons, in order to force restart.
You must keep holding until you see the iPhone Recovery Mode screen. Please don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. It will probably take about 10 seconds for the iPhone Recovery Mode screen to appear.
–You will see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
–If your iPhone is stuck in Recovery Mode for more than 16 minutes and your device exits the iPhone Recovery Mode, then, there may be a problem. Retry the process, but this time choose to Restore instead. You will be in iPhone Restore Mode.
–Reset your device. If you had a backup either with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore your old data from your backup.
After the restoration iPhone automatically startup itself.
Use Another iOS Device or go for Apple support
As an alternative, if all troubleshooting steps failed, you may choose to rely on another iOS device for your text notifications (ie. Apple Watch, iPad, Mac, etc). This certainly doesn’t seem like a convenient long-term solution but it will help you to see your day to day notification alerts. and also you may contact Apple Support for further advice on solving the problem.
- Most Common iOS 16 Problems and Possible Solutions (Updated)
- Your Apple ID was locked or disabled due to security reasons? Here is how to unlock it
- iTunes could not connect to this iPhone error 0xe800000A [5 Fixes]
- iPhone charging slowly or takes forever to charge? Here how to fix it
- Discord Stuck on starting or Won’t Open on Windows 10 [Solved]