Many iPhone users raised an issue like “why is my iPhone not ringing when I get a call” or “iPhone not ringing but saying missed calls” or “why does my phone not ring for certain calls” or ” my iPhone not ringing for unknown numbers”. Do you also face such problems mentioned above? And now you are searching for how do I make my iPhone ring on incoming calls here the list of solutions that you can try and fix your Issues.
- 1 iPhone not ringing incoming calls
- 1.1 Make sure iPhone isn’t connected to any Bluetooth audio device
- 1.2 Disable silent mode
- 1.3 Disable DND (Do Not Disturb) Mode
- 1.4 Turn Off “Silence Unknown Callers”
- 1.5 Restart your iPhone
- 1.6 Update to the Latest iOS Version
- 1.7 Reset your device to recovery mode (The Final Resort)
- 1.8 Visit the Apple Store
iPhone not ringing incoming calls
We have a bunch of troubleshooting solutions that fix your Issues including your iPhone suddenly stop ringing for incoming calls or your iPhone not ringing for incoming calls issue.
Make sure iPhone isn’t connected to any Bluetooth audio device
When your iPhone or any of your iOS device is connected to Bluetooth or any other external audio device then you will not receive any ring on your iPhone as the ringing audio is transferred to that external device like the Airpods or something else. So, make sure that you are not connected to any Bluetooth audio device.
- Go to settings
- Click on Bluetooth, and make sure you are not connected to any audio device.
Disable silent mode
If iPhone silent mode is on then your iPhone will not ring or play a sound when you receive a cellular call as well as app calls, notifications, and likes. So before moving ahead make sure your iPhone is not in silent mode. Make sure the switch on your iPhone’s left side isn’t set to Silent mode, if so then Move the switch upward to set your device to Ring Mode.
Or else you can remove Silent mode by,
- Move to your settings
- Click on Sounds & Haptics.
- And then move ‘Ringer and Alerts’ slider further to the right.
Disable DND (Do Not Disturb) Mode
Do Not Disturb mode is designed to silence incoming calls, messages, and app notifications, particularly when your iPhone is locked. If you Enable this DND then it will not care about your device is in silent or in ring status it will automatically put your iPhone to silent mode. To disable Do Not Disturb, open your iPhone’s Control Center and tap the violet-colored crescent shape. You should see a message that reads ‘Do Not Disturb: Off’ at the top of the screen
- Open your iPhone setting app
- Click on Do Not Disturb
- Then toggle off ‘Do Not Disturb’.
Turn Off “Silence Unknown Callers”
Many of users raised the problem that their iPhone is not ringing for unknown callers. If your iPhone doesn’t ring for any unknown caller’s number then make sure you turned off “Silence Unknown Callers” mode. To turn this off,
- Open your settings
- Then click on Phone
- Then switch off Silence Unknown Callers.
After turning off this feature or mode you are able to hear ring from any unknown number.
Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, all you need to do is simply Restart your device as Restarting your device might be helpful to clear some of the bugs and will definitely help you to deal with the issue. A normal restart is good where you have to switch off your device and again Restart it, but here we will suggest you do a hard restart as it is more effective!
Here’s how to do that,
For home button iPhone
- Press and hold the side button or the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your phone (depending on your model).
- Drag the slider.
- And your iPhone will restart itself.
For iPhone without home button
- Press and hold both the side button and either volume button until the slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider.
- And your iPhone will restart itself.
Update to the Latest iOS Version
Having up-to-date devices is one of the major prerequisites of any iPhone to solve major issues. Updating your iPhone iOS software is a major solution to all the minor and big bugs you have faced. As an update comes with loads of bug fixes. If you disabled automatic system software updates on your iPhone you can download it manually (if the update is available). Updating your iPhone iOS to the latest iOS 14 or any other Update version which is available would be a great thing.
- Open your settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on general settings
- Then click on Software Update
- If you see an update listed, tap Download and Install to apply it.
Reset your device to recovery mode (The Final Resort)
If the problem still exists, then one should go for advanced troubleshooting solutions i.e, you can restore your iOS device in Recovery Mode! Often said as the Final Resort
Recovery mode helps you to solve minor to major problems, so it can easily solve iPhone not ringing for incoming calls issues.
Firstly, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer(PC).
Then run iTunes and plug in your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- If a window pops up and says that you’re required to restore or update your iPhone, just follow the onscreen instructions to make it.
(Or you can force restart your device to put it in Recovery Mode and a pop up window will appear.)
- Once connected, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and the Home button, in order to force restart. You must keep holding until you see the iPhone Recovery Mode screen. Please don’t release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. It will probably take about 10 seconds for the iPhone Recovery Mode screen to appear.
- You will see the option to Restore or Update. Choose Update. iTunes will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
- If your iPhone is stuck in Recovery Mode for more than 15 minutes and then the device exits from iPhone Recovery Mode, then, there may be a problem. Retry the process, but this time choose Restore instead. You will be in iPhone Restore Mode.
- Reset your device. If you had a backup either with iTunes or iCloud, you may be able to restore your old data from your backup.
After the restoration process, iPhone automatically startup itself.
Visit the Apple Store
If all of the solutions did not work for you then you have to visit the Apple store or contact Apple Support. They have specific trained persons to deal with such issues. It’s possible that something is wrong with the iPhone hardware, preventing you from using iPhone incoming ringing sounds.
Hope so your problem of the iPhone not ringing for incoming calls has been solved and now you are able ro hear incoming calls. Please let us know from which solution you make it possible. And feel free to ask any kind of query that arises in your mind. We are here to help you always.