Microsoft allows Windows users to create or add new user Accounts to their Windows 10 PC. With Windows 8 and Windows 10, you can either Sing With a Microsoft Account or you can use a traditional Local User Account. Some features like Sync can only be used while using a Microsoft account, But almost all features are available to local account users as well. If you share your Windows 10 PC with other people, Then you can Create/ Add Multiple User Accounts so That each person should have their own account and they will have their own sign-in and desktop.
By default During install or upgrade to Windows 10 the account you create windows uses a Microsoft account. So that you can easily hook into all of Microsoft’s online services, such as the Windows Store and OneDrive. But If you don’t want to sign in for Microsoft Account then creating a local account would be the better choice. By default, all the newly added user accounts have standard rights, but you have the option to give administrator rights to it.
Create a Standard User Account
With a standard user account, the user cannot make any major changes to the PC without the permission of the administrator. However, if you want to give full access to a different user account. Windows 10 Allows you to create a User Account using Different Ways. such as Using Command prompt, From settings, Using Run command and etc.
Create User Account from Settings
- To Crete User Account first, open settings then Accounts.
- Here click on Family and Other people from the left side panel.
- Now you will see an option to Add someone Else to this bellow to other people. Click on it.
- Now It will Ask for your Email Address to Create the Microsoft Account,
- If you don’t want to sing with Microsoft simply click on I don’t have this person sing in Information.
- On Next Windows Will Prompt Lets Create your Account.
- Don’t fill in any information here if you don’t want to Create Microsoft Account.
- Click on Add A user Without a Microsoft Account.
- Now you will Get the screen To Create An Account for This PC.
- Here fill in the User Name, Create a password for the Account which you use while login.
- Also, Type a password hint which will help if in case you don’t remind your password for that account.
- When you put the wrong password this will hint you the specific character to remember your password.
- You can also leave blank the password field if you don’t want to set a password for that account.
- After filling in the details Click Next to Create the Account.
- You will see the User name under Other people and the account type is Local Account.
To prompt the newly created user account to Administrator Groups
- Click the user account and select Change Account type.
- A Blue Screen Change account type window will popup.
- Here Select the Account type to Administrator and click ok to make save changes.
Add a user account from the command line
Using the Command prompt Crete A User Account is a Very easy and simple way.
- On Start menu Search Type CMD,
- Right-click and select Run As Administrator from the search Results command prompt App.
- Now when the command prompt opens Type Bellow Command
net user %usre name% %password% / add and hit enter key.
- Note: %username % change your new create user name.
- %password%: Type the password for your newly created user account.
- Example: net user kumar p@$$word / add
To prompt the local user to Administrator Groups Type Bellow Command.
net localgroup administrators howto /add and hit the enter key.
Create a User Account Using Run Command
You can also create a new user account in Windows 10 by using Run Command. Here is how to do So First open the Run command window by pressing “Win + R” type in the following command and hit enter.
Here This will open An user account Window. Now In the Users tab click on the Add button.
Here A sign in the window will open asking for an Email Address. You will have two options, you can sign in with a Microsoft account and add it to your PC or you can add a local account by skipping the signing-in procedure.
Click on the “Sign in without a Microsoft account” and continue to the next window where you will ask to add a new user. Click on “Local Account”. Type in the User name & password and you are done creating a new user account in Windows 10.
Click On Nex And Finish to complete the User Create process. Here you Also Can Promote the Local user to Administrator Groups to do this Select the newly created User Account and click on properties.
On the properties popup move to the Group Membership Tab, Here you will see Two options Standard User and Administrator. Select the Administrator Radio button click to apply and OK to make save changes.
- 7 ways to fix Windows 10 black screen with cursor after login
- Microsoft Edge disappeared from Windows 10? Here is how to restore missing Edge browser.
- What is User Account and User Profile on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working? Here are 5 solutions to Fix It
- Fix Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart on Windows 10, 8, 7