You can use installation media or a bootable USB drive or DVD to perform a clean installation, install a new copy of windows or reinstall Windows. Also using a Bootable USB drive you can access advanced startup options to fix windows startup problems. If you have a windows 10 PC its good idea to create windows 10 installation media, so you can install or reinstall windows or repair a PC that won’t turn on. Here in this post, you will learn how to create Windows 10 Bootable USB using the official media creation tool or third-party utility Rurus.
How To Create a Bootable USB drive
To create a USB Bootable drive For Windows 10 First We Need A USB Flash Drive (At least 8GB, And make sure the USB drive is Empty or Backup your USB Drive Data). Also, Require Windows 10 ISO files. Otherwise, if you use the Media Creation Tool then Make Sure you have a Stable Internet Connection.
First Download The Windows 10 ISO 64-bit and 32-bit (As your requirement). If you are looking for creating a Bootable USB using the Media Creation Tool no need to download Windows 10 ISO direct jump here.
Using Windows USB / DVD Download Tool
First Download Windows USB / DVD Download Tool & Install it on your computer.
- After finishing its installation, Simply Run it.
- It requires an ISO image file of windows.
- Click Browse and select the ISO image.
- Then click Next, and select the USB Drive,
- Also, you Can Select DVD (which you want for bootable purposes),
- Now Click begin Copying to start the process,
- This will warn you to erase/format the USB Drive before makes it bootable click yes and proceed.
- The process will take a while.
- Wait a while until you see the Bootable USB device created successfully.
- Then After you can use this bootable USB / DVD for windows installation purposes.
Using Rufus Tool
Also, you can use the third-party utility Rufus tool, which allows you to easily create a Bootable USB drive with Flew steps.
Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc
- First Download Rufus from the official site.
- Then Double-click the Rufus-x.xx.exe file to Run the tool.
- Here Under “Devices,” select the USB drive with at least 8GB of space.
- Then Under the “Partition scheme and target system type,” select the GPT partition scheme for UEFI option from the drop-down menu.
- Next Under “File system” and “Cluster size,” leave the default settings.
- And On “New volume label,” type a descriptive label for the drive.
- Next Under “Format Options,” check the Create a bootable disk using the “ISO image”option.
- Now Click on the drive icon and select the Windows 10 ISO image.
- When you are ready Click the Start button.
- And Click OK to confirm that the USB drive will the erased.
- Once you’ve completed the steps, Rufus will proceed to create the USB bootable media.
Using Media Creation Tool
Also, Microsoft Officially Released Windows Media Creation Tool Which let you to create a Windows 10 installation USB drive or download its ISO file that you can burn onto a DVD to install the operating system on a different computer.
- First Insert the USB Drive into the computer
- Download the Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Save the Media Creation Tool.exe file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the Setup.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions then on the Next screen Select the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC option and click next.
- Now on the next screen, the language, architecture, and edition will be selected automatically based on your computer configuration.
- But you can clear Use the recommended options for this PC option to select the appropriate settings if you’re trying to use the media on another device.
- We recommend Select Architecture for both So that we can use the USB for 32 bit and 64-bit windows installation purposes.
- Click Next and select the USB Flash Drive option.
- Again click Next and select the removable drive from the list.
- That’s all when you click next the Media Creation Tool Will Start windows Downloading (it will take time depending on your internet connection speed).
- After that, you see Creation Windows 10 media, Wait Until 100% Complete the process.
- Then after finish the process and Now you can use the USB drive for Windows installation or Upgrade purposes.
Did this help to create Windows 10 Installation media? Let us know in the comments below. Also, read: