Windows 10 is one of the dynamic members of the Microsoft family with the potential to connect your devices to your PC without the requirement of any additional cords. The Bluetooth connectivity of Windows 10 is immensely outstanding and allows you to connect with a wide range of devices like headphones, speakers, mice, and many other devices. Out of all the devices, the Bluetooth headphones connectivity with Windows 10 computers is most praised. Everything is great with Windows 10 Bluetooth connectivity, but what will you do if someday your Bluetooth headphone not connecting in windows 10. Yep, this is a very rare problem but can be fixed easily if you look for the cause of the problem.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Windows 10
To connect Bluetooth headphone, to a computer, laptop running Windows 10
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices
- Click on Add Bluetooth or other devices> Bluetooth.
- Choose the device and follow additional instructions if they appear, then select Done
Make sure you bluetooth headphone is turn on.
Bluetooth headphones not connecting
Okay, so if you are not able to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 computer in the usual manner, then you can try to use the following solutions to fix this problem quickly.
Check the compatibility of the devices
Well, if you are not able to connect your newly brought Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10 computer, then you have to check that whether both the paired devices are compatible with one another or not. You can check the profile of your headphone that will show the compatibility system of the headphone piece. If you don’t have a manual to check that, then you can type the brand and name of headphones in Google and check their compatibility status. Moreover, if you are using the latest update of Windows 10, then you can check the Bluetooth profile to make sure the compatibility of your operating system with the headphones.
Try to connect other Bluetooth devices
Next, you need to make sure whether the problem is with your computer or with headphones. For this, you can try to connect some other Bluetooth devices with your computers like your keyboard or mouse. If the other Bluetooth devices also won’t able to connect with your computer, then the problem is with your Windows 10 Bluetooth and your headphones are completely fine.
Ensure that you have established connection correctly
Okay, so if you are not able to connect your Bluetooth headphones easily with your Windows 10, then you can try to revisit your established connection and check if there’s any loophole. To do this, you can use these steps –
- Go to Settings on your computer and then press on Devices.
- Up next, click on Bluetooth & other devices and turn on the Bluetooth toggle switch.
- Now, you have to click on the Add Bluetooth or another device button to establish a connection with your headphones.
- You have to put your headphones on the Discovery Mode. This step is accomplished by every set of headphones differently so if you are first time connecting your headphones, then you have to refer the manual of your headphones to understand the process in the detail.
- Now, you have to again go back to the Bluetooth settings on your computer and click on the Bluetooth and other devices option.
- By clicking on Bluetooth, you have to select your headphones from the list of all the Bluetooth devices. This process might take time as Bluetooth takes some time to establish a connection.
- Finally, click on the Connect button to establish a connection and then click on Done and check whether your Bluetooth headphones are now paired with your computer or not.
Update your drivers
If the Bluetooth option isn’t present on your Settings, then there is s big fat chance that the problem is linked to a driver. So, here another idea to fix this problem would be reinstalling the Bluetooth driver or installing the latest update of Bluetooth driver from your manufacturer’s website. You can also put the name of your headphones with the word driver online and look for the latest updated driver. If you want to fix the driver, then you have to follow these instructions carefully –
- You have to press the Windows key and R key along with devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Now, once you have opened the Device Manager, then you should expand the category of Bluetooth and navigate your headphones.
- Then, you have to select the Update driver option.
- Up next, you have to Browse my computer for the driver software option.
- You need to next define the path for your driver to download.
- Just press Next to complete the update.
- Once you have reinstalled your Bluetooth driver, then you need to follow the steps mentioned in solution three to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10.
How to Fix Bluetooth Pairing Problems
If you’re encountering pairing issues with your Bluetooth devices, here a video tutorial that helps fix Bluetooth connecting pairing issues in windows 10 Laptop.
So, if you are facing the trouble of Bluetooth headphones not connecting in windows 10, then you don’t have to worry as by using the above-disused steps, you will be easily able to connect your Bluetooth devices. Just be calm and try to fix your connections first as most of the time problem is very common and can be easily solved.
- Solved: AirPods paired but not connected windows 10 laptop
- Solved: Headphones Not Working in Windows 10 (No Sound problem)
- How to Fix the Issue of High Memory Usage on Windows 10 Computer?
- Windows 10 Computer very slow after update? Here how to fix it
- Windows 10 brightness not working? Apply these 3 solutions