Apple’s new iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro along with iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 Pro Max has been released with tons of upgrades and few surprises. Here’s everything you need to know about Apple’s Event.
Apple has just finished with its California Streaming event yesterday (14 September). In which Apple has announced tons of new products along with new iPhones for the year 2021! What are the new iPhones called? Apple will continue offering four iPhones in 2021 naming iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, and the iPhone 13 Mini. All four iPhones have the same screen sizes and very similar overall designs to their respective predecessors. Although, you will notice some upgrades and improvements in this generation which include a smaller notch, brighter displays, better battery Performance, overhauled cameras, a cinematic video recording mode, And of course a whole new A15 Bionic SoC for all the iPhone 13 line-up. iPhone 13 lineup will come with the whole new IOS 15 out of the box.
In this article, we round up absolutely everything you need to know about the New iPhone 13 and its mini, iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max. iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro Series: Price, Specifications, and More.
Apple iPhone 13 release date?
Apple iPhone 13 lineup has been announced on 14 September 2021, and the preorders have to start on 17 September the main shipping is on 17th September. and availability beginning Friday, September 24.
All About iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini
- Apple’s new iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini look similar to last year’s models. There are no significant design changes in iPhone 13 models as iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini have the same flat-edge aluminium frames as the previous generation, with Ceramic Shield material on the front, and IP68 dust and water resistance ratings.
- The iPhone 13 and 13 mini displays come with Super Retina XDR OLED technology same as the predecessors. However, Apple has improved the brightness max out at 800 nits and peak HDR brightness is 1200 nits. They also support Dolby Vision, HDR10, True Tone Technology, Haptic Touch and HLG. The iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 both have a standard 60Hz refresh rate.
- The iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13 come in storage options of 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. 64GB has just been removed!. The base iPhone 13 model will now ship with 128GB instead of the 64GB this is the great improvement so far.
- However, You can easily notice one external change that is the new diagonal camera layout. iPhone 13 and 13 mini lenses have been repositioned from vertical to diagonal setup.
- With the upgradation of camera setup, the iPhone 13 and 13 mini captures 40% More light along with improvements in ultra-wide cameras too. The iPhone 13 will also feature the sensor-shift stabilization technology, which physically moves the wide sensor to reduce vibrations. This will help the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini shoot beautiful photos in many lighting and low lighting conditions.
- The wide angle camera has 1.7um sensor pixels and an f/1.6 aperture. While the 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera has an f/2.4 aperture.
- The iPhone 13 line-up does have a smaller notch It’s the first time Apple has reduced the notch of their iPhone line-up since the introduction of the notch on the iPhone X in 2017.
- The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini comes with a whole new IOS 15 and A15 Bionic SoC, which has a 6 core CPU with two high-performance and four efficient cores, plus a 16-core Neural Engine. The performance is now 50% Better than that of current competition.
- Apple has also promised improvements in their battery life as compared to iPhone 12 lineup. Now it has 1.5 hours better battery life on the iPhone 13 mini and 2.5 hours on iPhone 13.
- The whole new cinematic mode has been introduced to iPhone 13. Which offers cinematic video and delivers movie-like video recording that replicates the rack focus effect. The iPhone 13 smoothly transitions between forefront and background focus based on what’s occurring in the frame.
- The 5G connectivity has also been improved with support for more bands.
- In the Apple event, the manufacturer has also committed to use more environmentally friendly materials for the iPhone 13. That includes reduced plastic usage in packaging and antennas that use 100% recycled plastic water bottles.
- iPhone 13 colors? The non-Pro models usually come in more fun color options as compared to pro ones. This time the iPhone 13 and 13 mini come in pink, blue, Midnight, Starlight and (Product)Red.
- iPhone 13 Price? The iPhone 13 mini starts at $699 and iPhone 13 start at $799 in the US.
All about iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
On top of the above, the Pro models add some further incentives: Note: iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max has all the features included in iPhone 13 and 13 mini the additions and information are as follows,
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max both look similar to last year’s models. However, Apple has used surgical grade stainless steel for the iPhone 13 Pro models, with a custom finish that’s said to be resistant to abrasion and corrosion.
- The Screen sizes are the same just like last year. The iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro both have 6.1 inch display sizes. While the iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 6.7-inch display size. Both have Super Retina XDR OLED technology like the previous model but have improved brightness as iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max can go up to 1000 nits outdoors, and peak brightness of 1200 nits.
- The iPhone 13 Pro model finally adds a High And Adaptive Refresh Rate Screen. The high refresh rate is the major missing feature in last year’s models. As a fulfillment now the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come equipped with ProMotion displays. The screens can offer rates of up to 120Hz when necessary, and can also go down to 10Hz when isn’t required in order to preserve battery life. This range will help the content you’re viewing or a game you are playing will feel more responsive.
- The New iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max Camera now include cinematic video and macro photography. Cameras have remained substantial improvements for 2021 iPhones. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max get ultrawide auto-focus and a new telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. The camera features are almost the same as the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini. But, the pro models include new “Photographic Styles” as an extra feature. The feature will let you apply different adjustments across scenes and subject types, letting you set your favorite visual effects and maintain them across your future shots. Along with it Apple has introduced micro photography features too so that you can focus on subjects as close as two centimeters away from the lens.
- iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max can also shoot videos in the ProRes format giving video creators more leeway in post-processing that is it give post editing opportunities.
- The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come with a whole new IOS 15 and A15 Bionic SoC. This is Apple’s most advanced chip ever built. Based on 5nm with six cores. Two of those are new high-powered cores, while the remaining four are more efficient than before.
- Apple’s iPhone 13 Pro And iPhone 13 Pro Max are the first iPhone which offers 1TB of storage. With this announcement, Apple has just double the maximum capacity of 512GB on the regular iPhone 13. This storage Option has never been offered on an iPhone before. Although you have to pay the price of $1,499 for Pro and $1,599 for Pro Max in order to get 1TB of storage.
- Improved Battery Life!. The iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max have offered better battery Performance in order to meet the market level. Now the 13 Pro lasts 1.5 hours longer than the 12 Pro, and 13 Pro Max lasts 2.5 hours longer than the 12 Pro Max.
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max Price? The iPhone 13 Pro starts at $999. And the iPhone 13 Pro Max starts at $1099 in the US.
Other Key Announcements of Apple’s iPhone 13 event.
- Apple watch series 7 has a new design and bigger screens with some UI improvements. Starting at $399, but you can’t get it just yet. Apple says it will be available later this fall.
- Apple announces new workouts coming to fitness plus via updates. Which includes pilates workouts, guided meditations and much more.
- Apple’s new iPad mini has a bigger screen and refreshed design. The new tablet starts at $499.
- Apple’s ninth-generation iPad has an a13 bionic chip. Starting at $329 with 64gb. You can order it today, and it will be available on September 24th.