You have tried to change screen orientation for viewing images in the landscape but the screen won’t rotate android? Find how to fix Android auto rotate not working and how to turn on auto rotate here! Android screen not rotating, this is one of the most common errors faced by android users these days. Various factors could cause your Android phone screen not to rotate but some of the main culprits are covered below,
- 1 Why is my phone screen not rotating?
- 2 How do I fix my screen rotation on my android?
Why is my phone screen not rotating?
Any of the below issues can stop your android screen from rotating automatically when you turn your phone.
- Software Glitches.
- Auto rotate option is disabled or not working properly on your android
- You’re touching the screen while you try to rotate it.
- Some recently installed apps are causing a problem in auto-rotating.
- Sometimes the G-sensor or accelerometer sensor of your phone is not working as it used to be.
- An outdated android software could also be the culprit behind the android screen not rotating.
How do I fix my screen rotation on my android?
If your Android Screen Not Rotating, then the following fixes will surely get your Android screen rotation working again.
Restart your Android phone
Most of the time a simple restart can fix all the issues your phone is facing. It is one of the most recommended solutions and can fix different issues of your device like the android screen not rotating issue. When you restart your android device it Temperley clears your RAM memory and solves the issue. Although, A hard Restart is recommended, here’s how,
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force your device to power off and turn back on.
- When the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the phone has finished rebooting.
Enable Auto rotate
After restarting your android you have to check whether you have turned on the auto rotate feature or not. As if it’s locked to portrait only then turn on auto to tate. Here’s how,
- Find and turn on the “Auto-rotate” option in the quick-setting panel.
- Go Open Settings > Click on Display > Auto-rotate screen to turn it on.
Enable home screen rotation
In Android, screen rotation doesn’t work for specific screens like the Home screen, Lock screen, and Call screen won’t rotate by default. We have to allow home screen rotation for that purpose.
Disable TalkBack app
Check if the TalkBack app is enabled. If it is, it might prevent accessing auto-rotate features on your Android. The TalkBack app settings can be checked from,
- Open settings application
- Scroll down and select the ‘system’.
- Tap on accessibility and then TalkBack.
- Disable TalkBack (if it’s enabled)
Don’t touch the screen
Remember not to touch the screen while auto-rotating android. While rotating your device if you have your finger on the screen it will lock auto rotate from working. Similarly, doing any gestures will restrict you from rotating your android device. Remember, whenever you rotate the phone, hold it by the edges of the body only.
Allow home screen rotation
In Android, screen rotation doesn’t work for specific screens like the Home screen, Lock screen, and Call screen won’t rotate by default. By enabling home screen rotation manually you can solve the android screen not rotating issue. You will have to enable this by going to each screen’s settings through the settings app or To enable home screen rotation,
- Tap and hold in the blank area on the home screen and select Home settings.
- From there you can enable the rotation toggle switch.
Calibrate android sensor
Despite all the above solutions if your phone screen still won’t rotate then there is the possibility of a sensor fault. Calibrating your phone sensors, particularly the Gyroscope and Accelerometer sensors help the phone respond better to the motion of turning your hand when you want to rotate the screen. So how do you calibrate your phone sensor? move your phone in a way that creates “8” in the air. By doing so it calibrates the Gyroscope and Accelerometer sensors making it default.
Or else you can download a third-party app for an easy accelerometer calibration process. Like Accelerometer Calibration, Physics Toolbox Sensor Suite, etc.
Uninstall recent apps
Have you installed any new app after which the android screen not rotating issue has been started then the app could be the main cause. In order to solve this, Try uninstalling the most recent apps that could be causing conflicts with your Android’s screen auto-rotation feature. After that check, if your Android’s auto-rotate feature is working or not.
Update Your Android
There has always been a possibility of a bug that prevents the android screen from auto-rotating that can be solved by Updating your system software to the latest one. Having up-to-date devices is one of the major prerequisites of every Android device to work its features normally and properly. Updating your Android device software is a major solution to all the minor and big bugs you have faced related to the auto-rotating feature. Updating your Android device OS to the latest one would be a great thing. Here’s how,
- Open settings
- Then click on the system
- And then check for a software update. Or you can search the word “update” in your settings
- Now tap on “download and install” if there are any available updates.
Android Screen Rotation Is Now Working!
Features like screen rotation is an important part of our android system which we use on a daily basis. Android Screen Not Rotating is a major problem and needs to be addressed with a proper solution. The above-listed hacks will surely help you and work for all the Android devices available in the market. If it didn’t, then the root cause could be faulty hardware and it might need professional repair. Send the phone in for repair. However, one of the above solutions will definitely work out for you.
- Google Play Store doesn’t auto update apps? Here’s how to fix it!
- Android brightness slider not working? Let’s fix the issue
- iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode After iOS 14 Update? Here how to fix it
- 10 tips to make your Android phone super fast without root
- How To Remove Malware From Android phone for free